Sunday, October 15, 2006

This is yum

I've been having a bit of a love affair with feta recently. Somehow the sharp, salty creaminess seems to be the perfect candidate for a number of culinary vacancies - finishing off a sandwich, melting onto toast, making up a simple salad.

This particular salad is the latest reason why I adore it. It's nothing special, no fancy ingredients, or techniques. But it is yum...


Feta, Avocado and Fennel salad

It's just that:
Feta (cubed)
Fennel (sliced)
and Avocado (ripe and cubed)
with a squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Inspired by this last night I made a similar salad. I remembered that you had suggested fennel and feta so to add to that combo I included Queen Green Olives with herbs. I also added a few leaves into my dinner to bulk it out a little and served it lashed in olive oil, a dash of white wine vinegar and a sprinkle of Maldon. It was yummy!
Thanks for the inspiration Big Sister Saucepan.